Tuesday, January 7, 2014

"Let thy food be thy medicine and let thy medicine be food." Hippocrates

I feel compelled to pass on some important information to the universe....and no, I'm not one of those healthy nutrition freaks I promise. :)

I watched this documentary titled "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" with Joe Cross - and it changed the way I think about food and what I put in my body.  I encourage everyone I know to watch it!  My husband, my boys and my parents have seen it and I've encouraged all of my friends to watch it as well.  (You can watch it online).

In a nutshell, the films sums up that we should stay away from sugar, processed foods and animals fats as much as possible - and we should juice in order to get in the amount of micro-nutrients (veggies and fruits) our bodies need.

In the film, there are compelling examples of the changes that take place when people do this.  Several people in the documentary were able to get off of blood pressure medicine, insulin meds and others from changing their diets.  Diseases went away.  Actually, high blood pressure, heart disease and diabetes are ALL man-made diseases.  These are diseases that wouldn't exist if we didn't eat  or over eat the wrong foods.  

The documentary was so compelling that I actually stopped play while in the middle of watching it and rushed out and buy a juicer so I could start juicing right away...been doing it ever since.    BTW, a decent quality juicer will cost from $100.00 to about $250.00 depending on your budget.  It's money well spent though.  When you juice, the micro-nutrients from the veggies and fruits serve to protect and clean your cells and keep away cancer and other diseases.

It would be very hard to eat the amount of vegetables you can drink in one fell swoop when you juice.  Let me show you what I mean:

Can you imagine eating all of this in one day...(every day)? Not me.

**(1 lemon (peeled), 2 granny smith apples (cored), a few berries and grapes (optional), some ginger (to cut the veggie flavor, 2 cucumbers, 4 stalks of celery and one bushel of kale.
(You can change up the recipe according to what you have in the fridge but the basics are lemon, granny smith apples, ginger, cucumber, celery and kale)

Just place the fruits and veggies in your juicer - it's easy:

Pour it into a glass....it really does taste good.  The lemon and ginger cut the veggie taste and the fruit adds just the right amount of sweetness...you'll actually start to crave it especially when you know how good it is for your body.


put the rest in the fridge and drink it with your meals or whenever you want until it's gone..then make a fresh batch the next day...


The inside of your body will love it and you'll feel better - but you notice changes on the outside as well...clearer skin, healthier hair, the whites of your eyes will be brighter,etc..

In the documentary, they talk about how you wouldn't use cruddy materials to build your home..yet we put poisons into our own bodies every day without thinking about it...the problem with this is that there is a huge consequence..our Health.  Now that I'm in my 40's and closer to 50 than I would like to dwell on, it has become so much more important to me to think about what I'm feeding my temple and I'm very thankful to have stumbled upon this documentary at a pivotal time in my life.  I would feel bad if I didn't pass on what I've learned on to others...  As Joe Cross would say..."Juice On".

P.S.  What has worked for me is to eat very clean and juice about 80% of the time and then "have my cake" the other 20%.  Girl's gotta have her cupcakes some of the time.. :)

Okay..I just climbed down off of my soap box...I feel much better now.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment