Monday, May 19, 2014





SHE AND HE

She moves along steady and fast and at the same time slow
So much to experience, to learn and to know

A teacher in the school of hard knocks through my youth,
Back when I was immature, screwing up and being uncouth.

But while I was busy sowing my wild oats,
I was also taking meaningful notes


He molds me like an artist with clay
through the experiences He brings forth everyday.

As I grow older, He helps me to evolve,
Into someone with wisdom, peace and resolve.

He is patient as I fall and keep getting back up.
He’s always waiting there patiently to fill up my cup.

I still have my cracks and I have to confess,
That I will always be a work in progress.

But now I want to pay forward the gifts and insights
that I've soaked up from Him and Her through all my days and nights.

Because in everything, we know there is a season.
And it's time to share my light for a purpose and reason.

So when the time draws near for me to be at rest and free.
I’ll take comfort in knowing,
 I honored God and the precious Life that he gave me.


L. Goyen

No comments:

Post a Comment